Friday, July 1, 2011

This Breaks a Mama's Heart...

Rachel fell out of her crib and fractured her wrist last night. Not wanting to go the emergency room, we waited until today to take her in. She has a temporary splint to wear until Tuesday when she will get her cast. Seeing this girl in pain breaks my heart...
When we came home from the hospital she kept walking up to me and holding her splinted arm up like, "Mama, take it off." I feel so bad not being able to help her.
She's figuring out how to get around despite her handicap...
I figure she'll become ambidextrous over the next few weeks.
Despite all the trauma she's gone through, she's in good spirits. Leave it to my Rach to still be smiling. We hope you heal soon sweetie.

4 comments:

  1. Poor girl! She looked so happy in her stroller tonight I never would have known! I'm glad you got it figured out, sometimes it's hard to tell how bad it really is. Kids are so resilient, I'm sure she'll be just fine with her little cast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Rachel - but still so happy! There seems to be one child that tends to break themselves. Sarah is mine - wrist, elbow and nose 2 times. I have saved her casts - 3 so far. Rachel will probably be the most adaptable and easy-going child. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel!!! That is a sad day!! I can only imagine that little voice asking for help and it melts my heart. She has got the greatest smile. Love that girl.

    ReplyDelete