Sunday, December 11, 2011

Oh, Christmas Tree!

On Thursday we undertook our favorite tradition of heading up to Robert's Tree Farm in Apple Hill to cut down a fresh Christmas tree. This was the first year I can remember it not being muddy, due to the lack of rain. The night was beautiful, the moon full (or nearly) and we had a great time. The best part is treking through the forest, all kids in tow, looking for the perfect tree. Well, Forrest did most of the looking while we sang and made merry, the kids making imaginary forts between the trees. I can't say we were the best tree-finding partners.

I absolutely love having Anthony all snuggled up in the baby wrap. I don't think I will ever get rid of my baby wrap.
Me and all my kiddos! It feels so nice to be a complete family.
This year Forrest passed the torch to Jacob as he undertook the responsibility of felling the tree.
Ashlee was totally in her element.
Rachel got carried some of the time, but mostly she loved running around, trying to keep up.
Again, can't get enough pictures of my last baby in the wrap! These times will be missed.
Ashlee helped, with only minimal bickering involved.
Ta-da! Dad shows off our proud find, and carried it back to the car single-handedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment