Monday, August 30, 2010

Embrace Life Seatbelt Ad

I am so thankful that my mom was as diligent as she was in teaching my sister and I to always wear our seatbelts. When I get in the car, I just do it. I wouldn't ride in a car without a seatbelt any sooner than I would walk outside without any pants on. This is something Forrest and I constantly debate (the seatbelt, not the pants.) He remembers the days of cruising back roads in the back of his dad's pick-up truck, and feels that the seatbelt law is just another form of Nanny government. Don't get me started on just how badly I disagree with him on this. They say that the impact of even a 30 mph car crash is equivalent to falling from the roof of a three story building(according to Newton's Law.) As for my kids, they will be taught to always wear their seatbelts. I have to win this one.

4 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, you totally get to override on this one. That ad was pretty cool. Brandon has a hard time remembering to wear his seatbelt too, but he has gotten a lot better. There is hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do override. The problem is usually with Forrest, never the kids. I just worry about the example.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, is it funny that my kids are at your house and we're communicating on my blog? I don't know, that just strikes me as funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very powerful ad-thanks for sharing! I think that for some reason, it is easier for girls to take wearing their seatbelt more seriously (a nature thing, a brains thing), but is is SO important, and can VERY easily be the difference between life and death in an accident. Keep on it, Lisa:-)

    ReplyDelete