Friday, August 27, 2010

A Friday Night in the Day-of-the-Life of a Homeschooling Mother of Five (a.k.a "Desperate Housewife")

So it wasn't until 9:30 pm that I was able to leave the house today. My destination? To get toilet paper. Yes, toilet paper (exciting, I know.) My day consisted of getting everyone up and ready, homeschooling from 8:00 until 1:00, followed by the correcting of papers and recording in learning logs, the sorting (and almost washing) of four loads of laundry, detailing the Lincoln, feeding the missionaries, going for a four mile run, and seeing to it that the kids were all tucked in their beds upon my return. All of this found me down the aisle of the nearest CVS Pharmacy at 9:30 at night, armed with my package of toilet paper, checking out the cosmetics and spraying myself with perfume samples. After all, I couldn't only be going out for toilet paper. Who does that on a Friday night? But perhaps it was the belting out of the lyrics to Anna Nalick's "Breathe" that really made my night. Now there's some soul music... and I smelled good. I even passed up my street on the way home so I could finish the song. A depiction of a desperate housewife? I think so.

4 comments:

  1. LOL-I have belted out that song as well:-))
    So glad you saw things our way with your blog! I really, REALLY appreciate getting to see all the pictures of the kids and their happenings, and what a wonderful way to bridge the physical distance we face. Thanks for continuing to blog:-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roxanne- I know, I always think of you when I sing it.

    (BTW, you have Dad to thank for a large part of the convincing : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahah....I love this post and I'm glad you're back. =)

    ReplyDelete