Monday, November 14, 2011

Mama's Babies

It's not very often I get to sit with both of my babies. The other afternoon I was sitting in my chair with Anthony, and Rachel came downstairs after waking up early from her nap. Still sleepy, she climbed up into my lap and dozed off. She woke up when Noah starting taking these pictures (reluctantly, you can see.) I love the way she loves Anthony. She's a little mama for sure. 99% of the time she wants to soothe and comfort him, and I've only had to deter her from using him as a kicking board once or twice. She is in to putting things in his mouth (a bit scary) and the other day I caught her feeding him bread. I was in the kitchen making grilled cheeses when I heard a muffled cry coming from my bedroom. Assuming Anthony had the blanket over his face I ran upstairs to find him on his back, Rachel next to him, with a mouth full of bread. Since then I have caught her putting a small bar of soap in his mouth, goldfish crackers, and orange slices. I am hoping she will outgrow this phase sooner than later.





2 comments:

  1. Sweet little pumpkins! That is scary about the bread in the mouth thing...funny, but also nerve-racking! I can't wait to see them next year:-))

    ReplyDelete