Monday, December 10, 2012

Thanksgiving and November/December Randoms

Thanksgiving was lovely. We celebrated at Cathe's with a small group. The food was delicious and we were home at a decent hour, despite all the driving. 
Forrest maintained his tradition as designated turkey carver.  There were two turkeys this year: oven roasted and deep fried.
Forrest and the kids cut down a Christmas tree on a night that I was sick.  Last night we got around to decorating it, and it looks beautiful.  I love all the lights in and on the house.
Big news- I got a new Suburban!!  We came across a great find on Craigslist from a super generous family who was happy to pass it on to us.  It's an '05, leather interior, and all the upgrades.  We are loving it.
New suburban!  



Chocolate pecan pie I made for Thanksgiving.  This recipe's definitely a keeper!  One of the best pies I've made.
My girls love to play dress-up.
The tiara I am trying to preserve for my girls' future weddings... if it makes it that long.
Family Christmas card photo fail- I don't like the layout. 
Mother-daughter... looking more like me every day if you ask me.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! You got a vehicle! That is such great news. I'm happy for you. Suburbans are awesome, I hope yours treats you well. Rachel has gotten soooo tall! You all look happy and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete