Monday, April 8, 2013

Yosemite Trip

Lower Yosemite Falls, right outside our room.
checking in.
Forrest trying out his new binoculars.
Me enjoying the sunshine (and a break from walking.)
The view that had me captivated.
We are getting good at these self-portraits.
This was our 3rd annual Yosemite trip together. We both really look forward to it each year. This year was a little different with me lugging the twins around, so we didn't do much hiking, but I *really* enjoyed lying in this valley looking up at the sky. The clouds were beautiful, and though not as warm as before, the incoming storm made for some eccentric weather. We had dinner at our usual favorite place, The Mountain Room, and though I ordered a steamed artichoke and salad (I was craving veggies,) I couldn't help myself from taking bites of Forrest's New York steak. I totally enjoyed my slice of mud pie all to myself back at the room. :) We left a little early on the second day to do some shopping. The drive home was beautiful, and Forrest treated me to some new shoes and maternity clothes. I love our escapades. Yosemite, as always, you were good to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment