Sunday, November 15, 2009

Happy 7 Years

7 years ago on this night I was laying in bed, but not really sleeping. It was the night before our wedding. My mom was at home anxiously preparing the food and decorations for our home-style potluck reception at the Pleasant Valley Grange Hall. Despite our fears about having a November wedding, the weather would be beautiful- sunny with a few high wispy clouds. I would rise at 5:00 a.m to shower and dress. The hair stylist and make-up artist would be at our apartment at 7:00 sharp, along with all of my bridesmaids and maid of honor. We had so much fun cramming into my bathroom getting ready, helping with make-up and pinning each others' hair into just the right place. The day would be perfect.

It was only the beginning.



These are small, but they capture the day. Seven years ago tomorrow, my dad would be giving me away.



Ashlee would be too pouty to be in any of the pictures.



And I would have the most beautiful bridesmaids a bride could ever ask for!




Happy Anniversary honey.

I can't wait to see where you take me tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated anniversary to you both! I'm proud of you guys and admire the beautiful family you have created (and growing-can't wait!). I hope your day was special.

    ReplyDelete