Friday, November 5, 2010

Cinnamon Raisin Bread in the Bread Machine

I woke up with a craving for something freshly baked. I didn't have enough blueberries to make muffins (and after having Katie's Alaskan blueberry muffins knew I'd be disappointed with anything less) and didn't want anything too sugary. Being that raisins and cinnamon are staples in my house, I decided on cinnamon raisin bread. I found a recipe online and adapted it a bit.
This bread was soft and moist with just the right amount of sweetness, and far exceeded my expectations. The first loaf was devoured within minutes.

Cinnamon Raisin Bread
(I made the dough in the bread machine, rolled it out by hand, and baked in the oven.)

1 1/2 c. plus 2 Tbs. milk, heated
4 Tbs. butter, softened
1 tsp. salt
3 c. white flour
1 c. whole wheat flour
3 Tbs. white sugar
2 tsp. yeast


(1 c. raisins to be added later on.)
(additional butter, cinnamon, and brown sugar for filling.)

*add above ingredients to bread machine, proofing yeast if you'd like.

*add 1 c. raisins about half way through kneading cycle.

*when done, remove dough from bread pan and roll out into large rectangle on a floured surface.

In a separate bowl, combine 2 Tbs. brown sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon.

*melt 2 Tbs. butter and brush over rectangle.

*sprinkle cinnamon sugar over all.

*roll up lengthwise and cut into two loaves. Place in greased baking pan and let rise 30-60 minutes.

*bake in 350 oven for 35-40 minutes.

*slice and serve.

1 comment:

  1. mmmmmm, that looks delicious. =)

    I hope you made 2 loaves then.

    Might make some tomorrow. =)


    (glad you liked the muffins. My mom used to make those for us every morning and we'd eat them warm while waiting for the bus outside in the FREEZING cold. I was always tempted to eat the one she gave us for the bus driver....but he'd-a known. She always sent a muffin for him too. Those and your apple muffins are our favorite around here.)

    ReplyDelete