Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Ooops, Where Did the Time Go?

I thought I'd do a little update since we had a couple of birthdays. Rachel turned 2, Forrest and I turned 31 (but who's really counting until 40?) and Anthony is now 9 months.

I said I'd give myself one year with two babies without any real expectations or committing to anything above and beyond the day-to-day. Now we're 3/4s of the way there and each day is getting exponentially easier! I almost feel normal, especially on the nights when I get a good stretch of sleep.

Anthony has one tooth, is cutting two more, and still wakes 1-2 times a night. I usually bring him in bed to nurse, then lay him back down. Sometimes his little arms are cold and I will keep him in bed to let him warm up. There are just no stresses with a last baby.

He is doing lots of cute things, like growling to get our attention, laughing at peek-a-boo, and grabbing me by the hair to get my face in his mouth. "Mommy I love you so much I just want to eat you!" He will swing his head back and forth to signal that he is in a playful mood; he learned this from Forrest. He is still nursing exclusively and will eat whole grain baby cereal with banana once a day in the afternoon. He really is a sweet spirited little guy.

Rachel is talking quite well and loves her little brother. She is super sweet with him and it was never any other way. She has lots of energy and I see a gymnast in her. I am fortunate in that she has taken to a toddler bed well (the earliest of all my kids,) takes long naps during the day, and always sleeps through the night. She loves to go out and jump on the trampoline with the big kids, and is just getting to the point where she can be trusted outside for short periods of time. She knows to stay with the group. When she is happy, she will walk around the house singing Primary songs. It is very sweet and I wish I had a recording of it. She loves for us to sing her "5 Little Monkeys" at every nap and bed time and won't go to sleep without it.

Forrest and I are nostalgically reminiscing on our trip to Yosemite at this time last year, and would love to get away for a day or overnight trip when time permits. Right now he is pretty busy with work and establishing his new business as a licensed General Contractor (for which we are so proud!) and between homeschooling and constant household demands I'm a little busy too.

My half-marathon training came to a screeching halt when my knee became injured after a run almost two weeks ago, so I've taken some time off to heal and recover. However, with the help of ice, fish oil, ibuprofen, glucosamine, stretching and prayer, I am about 95% better and hope to be back up and running by this weekend. I went ahead and registered for the Parkway Half in good spirits and optimism. My goal this week is to get some new running shoes and a knee brace.

Life is so good and we continue to count our many blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment