Monday, March 19, 2012

St. Patty's Day 2012

Ashlee really wanted to go all out for St. Patrick's Day this year. We had a brief discussion on the history of St. Patrick; who he was, why his life was significant (he brought Christianity to Ireland) and why we wear green and decorate with 3-leaf clovers. The kids had their traditional breakfast of green Lucky Charms, and I placed a corned beef with cabbage in the crockpot.

Ashlee (my little party planner) hosted a shin-dig with a few friends from church. She, of course, gets credit for all of the decorations.
Hard at work making the rainbow-layer cupcakes.
I'm not sure who took these shots, but I really like them!
Kaitlyn busied herself with stickers while the girls made their green hairbows.
A look inside the rainbow cupcakes:
I served them pizza and green Sprite.
Later that night I stepped out to go to the store, and Ashlee surprised me by shaping the bread into a 3-leaf clover and mixing up some green butter to go along with dinner. That girl! So much creative energy she has. At this rate she'll be planning her own wedding. =)
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

3 comments:

  1. I love it all! What a great idea to have rainbow cupcakes, and they turned out amazing!! I want one:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That's impressive! Go Ashlee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun day! Ashlee is such a great young lady. I really like her. =)

    ReplyDelete