Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Anthony Turns 1

Yesterday my last baby turned 1.  That's it, my life is over, there is no reason to go on (just kidding.)  Something truly amazing happened that I would like to share.  I spent the day Sunday reliving the events that led up to his birth.  He was born past midnight, so as the evening drew on I thought, "Okay, now I'm taking the castor oil... now I'm putting the kids to bed... now contractions are starting," you get the picture.  Birth is something I am very sentimental about and I do this with all my children.  Not wanting to stay up past midnight, I put him to bed, cleaned the kitchen, and went to bed myself settling on the fact that the next time I saw him (presumably in the morning) he would be one year old.  Well, a little while later I awoke to crying.  I looked at the clock, and imagine my awe when it read 12:42 a.m.- the exact time of his birth.  My baby cried out in the night so we could celebrate his birth moment together.  It was very special and something I will always remember.
This was Ashlee's way of watching him in the backyard while I made dinner- in lieu of a playpen I guess.
I made the cake, Ashlee did the decorating.  It was her inspiration.
Looks pretty in-awe over that candle.
I think that cupcake was the best thing he's had all year!  He knew it was something special and kept smiling at me.
We hadn't gotten him any gifts (I don't feel babies need much at this age) but after making the cake we decided he needed a copy of The Very Hungry Caterpillar and had Forrest pick up a copy on his way home from work.
This is my attempt at rallying the kids for a group shot.  Jacob is just overly-thrilled to be in this one.  



Happy Birthday my sweet Anthony.  You came into the world with a bang and you have been one of our sweetest, easiest children yet (am I allowed to say that?)  We love you more than words can express and you will be our eternal baby.  Thank you for giving us joy and being one last baby for us to enjoy.  We look forward to the fun years ahead.

3 comments:

  1. That is the cutest cake ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it's been a year! Oh my goodness! And I can't believe how big your kids are! We've only been gone 2 months! That cake is adorable. You and Ashlee are quite the team of creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cutest babe and cake ever. your girl has got some mad baking skills

    ReplyDelete