Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The BEST Peanut Butter Cookies

...made with only 3 ingredients!


As per Ashlee's request, I made peanut butter cookies this afternoon. I set out to find a simple but good recipe, and boy did I, so I thought I'd share.

Peanut Butter Cookies

2 cups peanut butter
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
(I added a dash of salt and splash of vanilla, but
this is optional.)

Sprinkle with sugar, criss-cross with fork.
Bake @ 375 for 8-10 mins. Cool completely.

These were so simple, and I liked them as much or better than traditional peanut butter cookies with flour and all of the other ingredients. And they're gluten free.



Jacob remembers which cookie he criss-crossed, and chooses to eat it first.



They need to be served with milk, of course.



I also thought I'd share this one:
Bread Machine Dinner Rolls
3 c. flour
3 Tbs. white sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 c. warm milk
2 Tbs. soft butter
2 1/4 tsp. active dry yeast

1 egg white
2 Tbs. water

Place all ingredients in bread pan as recommended by manufacturer. (I like to sprinkle the yeast on top of the warm milk, let it sit for a few minutes, then add the dry ingredients.) Set on dough cycle, press start.

Remove risen dough from machine. Separate into 12 balls and place on greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise 40 mins.

Brush tops with beaten egg white and water. Bake in 375 oven for 15 mins.

These turned out perfect; soft and sweet. I liked them as much as Great Harvest's white dinner rolls, which says a lot.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm...these look delish! Too bad that two of the three ingredients are outlawed in our house:-( I want a cookie.....

    ReplyDelete