Thursday, August 27, 2009

Projects

I've had a stack of old jeans up in my closet for quite some time that I've been saving for sewing projects. Today I pulled them out and came up with this...

A jean skirt for Ashlee.

The bottom will acquire more fraying with each wash, giving it the look we are going for.

And this...

The beginnings of a denim patchwork purse. Unfortunately, my sewing machine jammed before I was able to finish. It will eventually get a pink satin lining and a handle.

I also had some leftover Cars material, so I sewed Jacob a pillow case...

To match this valence I made a while back.

Now if only I can fix my sewing machine so I can finish the purse...

6 comments:

  1. Welcome to the sewing world. Be careful it will suck you in. Great job on the skirt very cute!

    By the way denim is really hard on machines. Let me know if you need help with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany~
    I was getting ready to call you if I couldn't fix the jam! Thankfully I was able to figure out from the manual how to disassemble the cover plate and clean out the bobbin carriage, which took care of the problem. I may call on you in the future, though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did I miss these postings??? I just discovered them, and I check regularly! How cute the skirt is, and I love the finished purse in the most recent posting-you did an awesome job!! I'll bet Ashlee loves them:-)..And having such a talented Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and the pillow case is the perfect addition to the boys room-keep all those great ideas coming, they are fun to see on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOw! I'm so jealous you can sew! I love the skirt. It's adorable! Ashley looks so cute in it. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete