Tuesday, February 21, 2012

What are the Odds...?

Remember this post over a year ago about the diamond and aquamarine anniversary earring Kaitlyn lost in our backyard? As luck would have it, today Ashlee found it!! Apparently she was standing on a chair in the backyard admiring the tulips when something shiny and partially covered in the dirt caught her eye. Low and behold it was the long-lost earring! She brought it inside and presented it to me in my bedroom, after which I wasted no time getting it scrubbed up and shining again. The aquamarine stone did lose some of its color, but it feels so good to be wearing a set I never thought I'd wear again! I didn't even take them off to go running today. =) I think of all the rain, sun, heat, wind, water, and gardening it must have weathered, and how it still came back to me, and it makes me have a deeper appreciation. I think this set of jewelry will have even more sentiment than it did before.

What are the odds?

2 comments: