Monday, July 13, 2009

Plan B


Well, despite my best intentions I have been experiencing a bit of nausea. I think my hormones became stronger than my will power this past week. But that's okay, I have a plan B. Ginger is a natural remedy for nausea, and ginger ale has gotten me through the first trimester of my last 4 pregnancies. I drank two bottles of it yesterday after church, and I didn't feel sick for the rest of the day. I am telling you, this stuff is a God-send.

I also discovered Preggie Pops during my last pregnancy. They come in a variety of yummy flavors, and they do offer temporary relief. I plan on heading down to Babies R Us this week and picking myself up a bag.

If all else fails, I have time on my side. I know my nausea will pass after the first trimester, and it will be all bells and whistles after that. There is much to be excited about along the way. I just learned that my baby is developing arms and legs this week! How exciting is that!

4 comments:

  1. I tired preggie pops with Myla and they were great at first and then even the sight made me sick. At least for you it is only a short trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your body must have made the association that they were what were making you sick! I have that association with chicken noodle soup. It's a sick soup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay away from anything in the first trimester that you WANT to like down the road-that is my experience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of Preggie Pops! Hmmm, I'll try them next time (ick, next time...the thought makes me cringe...just the 1st trimester part)! HANG IN THERE!

    ReplyDelete