Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Plain and Precious Truths

With the exception of a few choice pieces, I don't typically save most of what my children produce in the way of art work, school work, church reproducibles and so forth. However, today as I was cleaning out my Sunday bag, I came across this:

Let's just say that it was the message I needed. Not only did I not throw it away, I taped it up on my pantry. I can't tell you how many times I have been brought to a remembrance or humbled by the plain and precious truths we teach our children, or rather by what they teach us. I was reminded of this scripture:

"...little children do have words given unto them many times, which confound the wise and the learned." -Alma 32:23

Life seems to get more complicated as we get older (or perhaps it is we that complicate it) but I really believe the path is quite simple, we just need to be reminded.

1 comment: