Friday, December 17, 2010

Magic Pressure Cooker

A couple of years ago I was given a pressure cooker set by someone who didn't use it enough to warrant holding onto it. Not being quite sure what to do with it, I stashed it in my cupboard for future use. Well, this has been the week that I have discovered its magic! I did canning for the first time this week and used the pressure cooker to process the jars. I made lemon rice for lunch yesterday and it was delicious! Did you know that a pressure cooker can cook rice in 6 minutes? Then last night I used it to make the best fried chicken I have ever had homemade. With a pressure cooker, the natural juices are sealed in so the chicken is crisp on the outside and juicy on the inside. Again, this only took 6 minutes. I went online today and discovered that the one I have is valued at over $400. I think I've found a new favorite kitchen appliance! Does anyone have any good pressure cooker recipes they'd like to share?


2 comments:

  1. we bought one this year and have only used it for canning. You have opened my eyes! Thank you. mmmmmmmm lemon rice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll never have to buy beans again either! You can cook black beans in like 15 minutes.....or maybe less. I want one just so I can stop cooking black beans in a crock pot (that takes 12+ hours).

    ReplyDelete