Monday, December 6, 2010

Vanishing Twin Syndrome

Well, after a somewhat scary occurrence over the weekend it would appear that we just had the experience of a vanishing twin. This is not to cause undue alarm, as today's ultrasound revealed a very healthy, viable 14-week-old baby. However, alongside the healthy baby was an empty sac filled with fluid and small amounts of tissue. I trust that this was not a viable baby to begin with and have faith that everything happened just the way it was supposed to. We are grateful for a healthy baby, and I am especially thankful for everyone's thoughts and prayers. I know my prayers were answered.

7 comments:

  1. I am so glad you went in and at least now you know. Thank you for keeping me updated. Hurray for a healthy baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lisa! I'm so glad to hear this! I've been thinking about you all day. I know how scary and uncertain that feeling is, so I'm glad that you were able to see your baby on that ultrasound. Great news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I had no idea. I'm glad baby is okay :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you think you were having twins?
    Glad everything is ok otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, there was no expectation of twins. Yesterday was my first ultrasound/prenatal visit, so this came as a blessing instead of a loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, our bodies are so amazing. Glad everything is okay.

    ReplyDelete