Saturday, January 28, 2012

8 Months or 2/3 of a Year

I can't believe my little buddy is 8 months old today! To commemorate, I thought we'd share a list of things he is not doing (he-he.):
*He does not sit up. He could, just prefers not to. When I sit him up, he just kind of flops over wherever his body takes him. He's chill like that.
*No teeth yet. I can feel the buds, but they're taking their time, which is fine because other than that one time, he's not eating any food. You don't need teeth for Mama's milk.
*Crawling or cruising? Forget it. I think sitting up has to come first.
*Sleeping through the night: okay, that was a one-hit wonder as well. I sleep trained him, then got lazy. His usual wake times are 1:00 and 4:00. Despite that I feel great though, and am still getting better sleep with him out of my room (he's in the boys' room.) He naps well during the day.

Remember our deal for him to stay my baby? Yeah, he's keeping it well. With a first child you're anxious to check off those milestones, but by this time around I'm fine just letting my baby develop in his own time. Anthony, you put a little heaven in my day.

1 comment:

  1. Love what he's not doing! It is funny me with my first and you with your last...I can't say I am anxious for him to meet milestones, I don't want him to grow up too fast! I love that he needs me right now and I know it won't always be that way, so I am just enjoying him as he want's to be! I know so many people with babies right now that are so close in age and it has just shown me how different each child is, even if they are close in age. Give Anthony a little squeeze from me! :)

    ReplyDelete