Saturday, January 28, 2012

Jacob's Baptism

Last night was a special night for our family: Jacob was baptized. Let me precursor this by saying that the week of, we had the stomach flu going around in our family and only a few of us had gotten it, so we were going on a hope and a prayer that we might be afforded a 24 hour window where everyone was stable. Well, that which doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right?

This baptism was extra special in that Jacob was baptized with his best friend, Luke, and that he was able to be baptized by Forrest. This has been a long time awaiting in our family and words cannot begin to describe the deep gratitude and admiration I have towards Forrest for preparing himself for this opportunity. I am so proud of my boys.
Outside the room where they were to be baptized:
Jacob and Uncle Chad:
First shot with Dad:
Best friends:
A family shot:
I am so proud of these boys:
The mommies:
The boys in their whites, waiting to be baptized:
Let me tell you, there is no better sight:
The proud dads:

Okay, so about 10 minutes before the baptism Jacob started throwing up. Nevertheless it was a beautiful baptism. It nary put a damper on our night. Ashlee played the opening song "I Feel my Savior's Love" on the piano and Aunt Vera gave a beautiful talk. Ashlee bore her sweet testimony that brought tears to both our eyes. All the kids were able to gather in front of the glass at the font, and with the first dunk cousin Bradley belted out with an "Uh-oh!" that had us all smiling inside. Words cannot express how proud I am of my boys, and as we drove home and I looked over all my kids in the car I realized how blessed I am to get to do this again 4 times over, with Ashlee and Jacob leading the way. The gospel truly is amazing and life changing. It has changed my life.

Jacob, we are so proud of you for taking this big and first step in your life. May Heavenly Father bless you with all He has in store.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh Lisa that's so sweet! I'm sad we missed it but I'm so glad you guys got to go through this experience. Good job Forrest! Okay, so I had to laugh at the picture of Steve and Forrest because Forrest looks so short but is actually really tall! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I can't believe how fast these kids have grown up! What a special day.

    ReplyDelete