Thursday, March 14, 2013

25 Weeks

So here I am at 25 weeks. We had an ultrasound on Tuesday, which lasted an hour and a half. Both twins are measuring between 24 1/2 and 25 1/2 weeks, heart rates were 154 and 158. All looks well. Contrary to what I believed, both babies are not head-down. Baby A, on the left, is in a breech position. Baby B, on the right, is on his way head-down but semi-transverse. Of course it's early on and they have time to change. Ideally we want them both head-down for the birth.

I had a great prenatal with the new midwife yesterday.  At 25 weeks I am measuring 34!  It's no wonder I feel like I am in my 3rd trimester.  In actuality, if these little guys come early, I may only have 11 or 12 weeks to go so I guess it's like the start of my 3rd trimester.  My weight has already exceeded that of my usual 9-month-pregnant weight by 10 lbs.  I'm going to be "more pregnant" than I've ever been. Yep, there will be some work to do afterwards. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment