Thursday, March 28, 2013

Success

I am happy to report that after 1 week I have almost completely abated my anxiety.  It's amazing how good I feel after just a short time at the gym.  I really think exercise was my culprit.  I walked on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, worked out at the gym Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Tuesday, and already I am feeling an increase in energy, stamina, mood, and body confidence.

The mind, body, and spirit are inseparably connected.  I know this, I need to live it.

I have spent my entire life honing in on health, fitness, exercise, body improvement, and being active.  As a mother of 6 I have *definitely* sacrificed some of my healthier habits, I like to think for the "greater good," but it's time the pendulum swing back the other direction.  Too much sacrifice leads to resentment I have found.

I take my herbs religiously and have gone through almost an entire bottle of hops and valerian tincture.  Time to replenish.  I am also developing a relationship with my essential oils.  I "whiff" them throughout the day, and I just love when my kids run up to me in the kitchen and ask for me to put essential oil behind their ears.  Lead by example, right?

We had an uber-productive housecleaning day today.  I made the kids' room look like there are not 6 of them living in it; vacuumed wall to wall, corner to corner,  4 little beds washed and made.  The closet is no longer overflowing.  It was a job but let me tell you it yielded a sweet reward.  Forrest and the kids de-cluttered and organized the living room and office, which is now a place in which I can comfortably relax.  Housekeeping starts next week and I wanted to give my housekeeper a "base" level to maintain until after the babies' birth.

I am starting to feel these guys move around a lot and grow strong, and it is so. much. fun.  I can lift my shirt and see them from the outside.  No stretch marks yet.  I am hoping they won't ruin my record after 6 births.

Just for fun, here's another picture:

No comments:

Post a Comment