Thursday, June 20, 2013

39 Weeks

Well, I woke up pregnant.  Today was a really good day.  We've hit 4 parks in 2 days and ran into some great people along the way.  I'm determined to stay busy until these babies come. :)

Yesterday I came full circle in my surrogacy story, and felt like I was able to pay it forward in a small way.  Sometimes I wake up and in my morning prayer ask Heavenly Father to guide my path for the day.  Usually I ask him to help me accomplish the things I set out to do, but when I feel like I lack direction I ask him to guide me.  Yesterday was one of those days. 

I knew we needed to get out, but I didn't know where.  My kids all started asking to go to Christa McAuliffe Park, one of our favorites from down the hill.  At first I was reluctant, but then agreed.  We didn't see anyone we knew there, but I ran into a mom who had a 4 month old and a 20 month old.  I told her my last two were close in age as well, and she responded, "And you're pregnant again?!" 

"Yes, but I'm a surrogate, so I won't be doing the work for these two."  (I've gotten good at responding to that question.)

What she said next was a first: "I want to be a surrogate and just applied last week.  I haven't heard back yet but have lots of questions for you."  We headed over to the swings and talked for another 30 minutes.  I feel like I answered a lot of her questions and got her headed on the right path.

This was the first time I had ran into someone who was actively seeking out the process of becoming a surrogate, and furthermore it reminded me of the time just over a year ago when I "ran into" that someone who set me on my journey as well.  It was a day not unlike yesterday, lying in bed praying for guidance when I felt prompted to go the Goodwill store (Goodwill, of all places!)  She was there, telling me all about how her daughter had just come home from the hospital after giving birth to her surrogate twins.  I listened intently, clinging to her every word, as an exciting energy buzzed through me, the Spirit confirming to me this was something I needed to do.  I didn't come off that high for the rest of the day.

Anyhow, it was kind of neat that here I am at the end of my journey, about to give birth to my surrogate twins, and receiving the opportunity to pass on information that may set another on her path.

Today we met up with some friends in El Dorado Hills to peruse the farmer's market and play at the community park.  We came across the *most delicious* white peaches of the season and the kids had a blast playing while we moms chatted and relaxed in the sunshine.  The weather was perfect.  Afterwards we met up with some CP friends and played for a while at Blue Oak, then their mom treated all the kids to Slurpees.  We all came home tired and I don't feel guilty letting them veg in front of T.V. for the rest of the evening. :) 

Life is truly good right now, everything feels right, and I just relish in this time awaiting the birth of a new baby(ies.)  I have been in good contact with everyone who I need to for the birth, and every day I receive words of comfort and pieces of information that put everything into place.  I am very excited for these little guys' journey and to get back to my family for the next chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment