Monday, June 10, 2013

This and That

It's on the docket: Tough Mudder for September and the Folsom Blues Half Marathon in October.  Anyone who knows me knows that I need to have something on the calendar to look forward to; a goal of some sort.  I feel it will be especially important this time around as I move past the surrogacy.

I was speaking with Susanna tonight and making arrangements for the family to come down for the birth.  How do  you make someone who just bought a house in the Hills of Hollywood comfortable at the Best Western in the backwoods of Pollock Pines?  Not quite sure yet, but lack of luxury is at the forefront of my mind...

I have gotten over the "hump" and don't mind being pregnant anymore.  Today was the best I've felt in the past week.  I think the thunder storm helped to clear the air as well as the stagnant energy surrounding it.  I have now shifted my focus to "I am grateful to have carried these babies so long" and know it will be better for their overall health.  I can do anything for 2 more weeks.

I received a Priesthood blessing tonight and officially feel ready for the birth.  It's about more than just a clean house.

These babies are moving tonight in a way I've never felt them move before.  Bigger, more pronounced.  I think they are excited to meet their daddy. :)

Oh, and I cooked dinner tonight.  BBQ'd terriyaki chicken, baked beans (recipe here,) cucumbers, and cream cheese swirl brownies (here.)  Forrest went back to work and I think it was a good kick-in-the-pants for me.  It's good to remember I can still function on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment