Tuesday, September 29, 2009

18 Weeks

Yesterday marked the beginning of my 18th week of pregnancy. As you can see, I am definitely taking on the 'pregnant form.' I now feel confident that I look pregnant and not just chubby because I've had quite a few strangers comment on my "baby on the way."


She is about 6" long, weighing 7 oz., and can do many things like suck her thumb, cover her eyes, stretch, kick and turn. Her tiny bones are starting to develop (previously they were made of cartilage) and I am definitely noticing more movement. She is breech right now, so most of the movement is felt down low in my abdomen from her little legs. My energy still comes in spurts, and I listen to my body on the days it tells me to rest. One of the great things about pregnancy is that you can never be accused of just sitting there doing nothing... even while resting, your body is working hard growing a baby. (Ask Forrest just how often I call upon that fact!) Speaking of Forrest, he has been wonderful at picking up my slack during this pregnancy. I am so thankful for his help around the house. I haven't had to call on him for too many massages yet, but he is wonderful at those, too! I'll hit him up in the third trimester when my lower back will undoubtedly start to ache. This is the time when I really start to enjoy pregnancy, and I know that each passing week will bring more anticipation for the arrival of our baby girl. I will be savoring every minute of it.

3 comments: