Wednesday, September 2, 2009

More Projects

I just finished this hat for myself. It is knit from baby alpaca (very soft) on size 10 needles, making it nice and stretchy. The black is very versatile, as well.



Here is a pocket purse I sewed for Ashlee last weekend. It took me all of about 15 minutes. I was originally making it for a friend of hers at school, but Ashlee decided to keep it. I told her that her friend would be none the wiser!

Ashlee's Activity Day project: a fleece tie quilt. She started it at Sister Harris' home this afternoon, and we finished it together this evening.

She'll be sleeping with it tonight.


These projects were super simple, yet very rewarding. I am so happy that Ashlee is getting to the age where we can make things together. She is so good with her hands. Stay tuned for my next feat: knit baby legs and a Christmas rag quilt. I'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

  1. You killed a baby llama just for a hat! Gees that seems a little extreme! JUST KIDDING! I'm sure it is so soft and snuggly, just in time for fall and winter to hit. You'll be needing it for those early morning jogs with your little peanut! Great job on the projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, Nikki. I get a soft hat AND the alpaca lives. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of great projects, Lisa! I do love your hat-I'm wearing the hat you made me today, as it is a little chilly up here in WA today:-)

    ReplyDelete