Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Track Star

Today Ashlee had her first Cross Country meet at Lake Forest Elementary. First off, let me just say I am amazed at what a production these meets are! There were easily two to three hundred kids representing four or so different schools, along with their friends and family. I wasn't quite prepared for the crowd! Ashlee was in with the 9-year-old girls, and was the third group to run. She finished 8th out of 36 girls with a mile time of 8:27! I am so proud of her. They had a cooler full of popsicles waiting for the runners at the finish line, which I thought was a nice reward. She'll get her certificate at practice on Monday. She has three meets to go, with a final competition to be held the first week in October. It was exciting for me to watch her run, and it made me anxious for the day when I can resume training for another 10K. I am glad she inherited some of her mother's blood!

1 comment:

  1. Great job, Ashlee! I think it is so neat that you signed up for track and are enjoying it so much:-) Aunt Roxanne loves running, too, and getting exercise is so great for your health!

    ReplyDelete