Monday, September 7, 2009

Here We Grow! 15 Weeks.

Today marks the beginning of my 15th week. I absolutely relish in pregnancy, and am grateful to be moving into the second trimester with the growth and returning energy that enable me to enjoy it so much more. The other morning I woke up and was able to feel a definite bulge on my tummy, so I know I'll be starting to pop out pretty soon!

It always fascinates me to track the growth and progress of the baby week by week. At 15 weeks, my baby has already reached the following developmental milestones:
*is 4 inches long and weighs a little over 2 ounces
*has tiny fingers and toes, complete with little nails
*is able to suck, swallow, frown, and grimace
*reacts to outside stimulus
*kicks, squirms, and moves about freely in the womb (although I don't necessarily feel all of it.)

I don't think the excitement of being pregnant ever wears off for me. A new baby is always a miracle, and pregnancy is a time of celebration.

2 comments:

  1. So cute! It's definitely a baby bump. I laughed when you put down the milestones and that one of them is the baby can respond to external stimuli because my very good friend in Oregon loved to squeeze my belly with both her hands and talk to my belly and say "I squish your house!" I just wonder how that felt for Eli and Scottsen...to have their houses squished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The amazement of pregnancy and how the fetus develops is always a miracle, I agree! I can't believe your little baby is already 4 inches long-it is moving right along from this end:-)

    ReplyDelete