Saturday, September 26, 2009

Our Baby... GIRL!!!

We were thrilled today to get our first glimpse of what we discovered to be our baby girl! Initially, we had the intention of waiting until the birth to find out what we were having, however neither of us could see the sense in waiting, and so we enjoyed our surprise a few months early! I knew that being on that ultrasound table would be too much temptation for me to bear, and I was right. However, I was not disappointed. Forrest and I wanted to determine for ourselves what it was, so we told the ultrasound tech to put the camera in the appropriate spot and let us figure it out. We both knew it was a girl immediately (we did this with Noah and Kaitlyn too- after the first couple of babies you start to know what you're looking at.) Marlene said she could tell it was a girl from her profile. Look at her dainty little nose!

I am so happy that I can now call my baby a "she" for the next five months instead of an "it." I am also excited to pull out Kaitlyn's baby clothes (some of which were only worn a handful of times) and put the pink sheet on the bassinet. Forrest, on the other hand, is drawing mental plans for the bunk beds he will be building for the girls' room. Ashlee is thrilled to be getting another sister, as are the boys (although I think they'd like me to even out the score at some point.) This was definitely a pleasant surprise.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! She is going to be beautiful like all of her other siblings. It is so exciting to find out the sex. Now you can really get preparing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEah!!! Another GIRL!!!! All your kids are so cute. Now you can start thinking of girl names!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute little profile, and I'm so happy you are having another girl! You have the smartest most beautiful girls, and I can't wait to see this little one:-) Yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete