Monday, October 12, 2009

20 Weeks- the Halfway Point!

Well, it is with bittersweet emotion that I approach the midpoint in my pregnancy. On the one hand, I am so grateful to be well past my morning sickness, and I love feeling the baby move. I have my energy back for the most part, and love going for walks with my good friend 3-4 days a week. It is also fun to be anticipating the upcoming labor and delivery, and I mostly look forward to getting to hold my baby in my arms and have her cuddled up in bed with me. From here on out pregnancy just becomes more enjoyable and exciting to me.

On the other hand, I know that I have more pregnancies behind me than ahead of me. Forrest and I would like to have 6 kids, and the thought of this being the second to the last one makes me feel somewhat disconsolate. I know that there is a time and season for everything in life, but I don't feel ready for this one to be over. I guess I'll be waiting for that moment when I feel like, "Okay, I'm done." I've heard from a lot of women that they just know when they've had their last child, and they feel ready to move on to the next stage in life. I'll be counting on that feeling to come to me. Until then, this is what life is all about...


2 comments:

  1. Love the belly....and the walks! You were hauling this morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Well, that feeling may never come where you are 100% feeling done-for some people it reaches that percentage-but not for most of us sentimental types that truly love so many things about the whole process of bringing a child into the world (despite all the hard, exhausting parts!). You just have to live for the day and moment you are in. Take the future as it comes to you:-)

    ReplyDelete