Sunday, October 18, 2009

Halloween Decorations

I am not much of a decorator (though I aspire to be,) so when Jacob looked around the house the other day and chuckled, "Mom, this isn't all the Halloween decorations we're going to put up, right?" I considered it a call to action. Although I tend to be at a loss for coming up with my own decorating and/or crafting ideas, I find it immensely satisfying when I do engage in such projects. I love the look of a decorated house. Now that I am in my 6th year as a SAHM (stay-at-home-mom) -slash-homemaker, I figure I better take this decorating business seriously. I remember my step-mom used to do such a good job at keeping the house clean and cozy and decorating for every holiday, and it really enriched my childhood memories. So, I have made it a goal to become more proficient at crafting and decorating with every passing year. Granted it will probably get a little easier as my kids get older, but now is the time to start. By the time I am a grandma, I should be Martha Stewart worthy.

Well, I can't take credit for these. Last weekend Forrest cut some shapes out of wood in the garage and helped the kids to paint them. I especially like the way the witch turned out.


This was my contribution: cheesecloth ghosts. I remember doing these with my step-mom as a kid. They are super simple and cute. We will probably string them up from the ceiling (had we a tree in our front yard, we would hang them there.)

Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, cheese cloth ghosts! I'll have to try those one of these years with my kids. Forrest did an excellent job with his characters-so much talent coming from the Hart household!! Love it:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! We have a pumpkin out front...thats it. Totally lacking here. lol

    ReplyDelete