Sunday, October 25, 2009

Apple Hill

Forrest had the day off on Saturday, so we made a last minute decision to drive up to Apple Hill (our last chance before Halloween.) It was a beautiful day.

Here are Ashlee and Kaitlyn in the pumpkin patch at Plubell's. They loved looking at and feeding all of the farm animals. We opted not to follow our usual tradition of buying pumpkins here this year in favor of the fact that we can purchase them at the grocery store for $3 each and save quite a bit of money. I did, however, pick up a pumpkin for my dinner-in-a-pumpkin... figure if we're going to be eating it, not carving it, it's worth the investment.



Caramel apples at High Hill Ranch. These were so delicious, but the bees were coming after them like no one's business! I had to swat them away, as they were quite aggressive. I later found Noah's apple so lovingly left on the back seat of my car. Thank goodness for leather seats, it cleaned right up.

The fishing pond- I had Noah posed for a shot, but at the last minute he decided he had to go potty and came bolting towards me (hence the action shot.)

Kaitlyn with her guinea pig- she calls it her "cozy." Actually it's Ashlee's webkinz, but Kaitlyn has sort of adopted it as her own. Ashlee only really cares about taking care of the online version of it.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun Fall day! Oh how I miss Apple Hill:-) That's great that you get to take your kids to the place where we used to go as kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but you're fortunate to have a lot of the same types of places up in WA- I know agriculture is pretty big up there.

    ReplyDelete