Saturday, October 10, 2009

Saturday Projects

Today was a no make-up wearin', no house-cleanin', at-home stayin', lazy kind of Saturday (okay, I did break down and clean up before dinner.) The perfect day for setting out to do some of those unfinished projects. First on the list: a pair of knit baby legs (or the beginning of one anyways.) These are intended for an undisclosed recipient, but if they turn out too small I'll just hold on to them for Rachel.

Next task: I finished cutting all of the fabric squares for my Christmas rag quilt (168 in all.) Step 2 is to pin them together in sandwiches and begin sewing.

While I knit, the boys busied themselves with these spooky Halloween paintings. They got the idea from a deck of cards we have called "50 Fun Things to Make and Do" from Usborne Books. I think they turned out nice, and I like the way the colors match my centerpiece.

Here is Jacob's haunted house. He's pointing to the blood coming out of the door (I think he overheard Ashlee talking about the haunted house at the Harvest Festival we went to last night- it was pretty gruesome!)

Chocolate chip cookies. Okay, maybe this doesn't constitute a "project," unless you count the part where I ground the wheat, but they were yummy nonetheless and a good way to end the day.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I'd hardly call that a do-nothing kind of day, or maybe what you meant was a "do only fun things" kind of day! I love the boys paintings..did the paper start out white? They look really neat! Also, I'll bet the undisclosed recipient will be thrilled to get those cute baby legs you started!

    ReplyDelete
  2. is your babys name going to be Rachel?!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Amy, we decided on Rachel. I picked that name out when I was pregnant with Kaitlyn, so when I found out this time that we were having another girl, I knew she was going to be Rachel.

    ReplyDelete