Sunday, March 21, 2010

Opening Day 2010

Yesterday was the big kick-off day for baseball season. This is Jacob's second year in the league, and we all love it. By request, he was placed on the same team as last year, only they've graduated from Tee-ball to Minors A (I am partial to the coach.) I have been thoroughly impressed with the sheer amount of volunteer work that goes into making each year a success.Jacob trying his hand on the rock climbing wall:
It really was a junkfest. The kids gorged themselves on cotton candy, ice-cream, and ring pops, and loved every minute of it.

I believe Ashlee made it to the top.
We ran into many friends there. Here is Ashlee with one of them:
This little girl slept nearly the entire time. I figure that even if she did wake up and cry, she knew she didn't stand a chance against the blaring music.
I believe one of the kids snapped this shot.
And me, sporting Forrest's shades.
Go RedSox!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love how cool Jacob looks eating his treats while lounging in the chair! Our opening day isn't for a few weeks, but I'm not sure it is all that fun-hopefully it will be, though:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our opening day was awesome. There were two bounce houses, a rock wall, music, a basket raffle, a pitching and batting station, and vendors including Jamba Juice, Cafe Santoro, an ice-cream booth, cotton candy booth, and a BBQ pit. It's quite the to-do, and the kids had a blast running around.

    ReplyDelete