Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Sound Mind, Sound Body

I was at my hairdresser's the other day when I came across an ad in a magazine for Asics running shoes. The ad showed a picture of a woman running through a wall of water. She had words attached to her body such as 'fear,' 'doubt,' 'worry,' 'stress,' and the like. As she was crossing through the water wall, the words were being washed away from her. The slogan of the ad was Sound Mind Sound Body. I absolutely loved it and felt it captured the essence of why I run. My latest ambition is training for a 5K on May 15th. It is the same Folsom's Run with Nature that I did last year, only this year I am doing the scaled-down version. I think I'll be ready for another 10K next year.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, what an empowering clip. Who wouldn't want to run after seeing that?

    Good luck on your run! I can't wait to start again!

    ReplyDelete