Sunday, March 14, 2010

Thank you Rachel

For doing this:So I could make this: pasta with artichokes, olives, basil and sundried tomatoes...
pan-seared sunchokes and artichoke hearts with herb butter...
marinated tri-tip...
sauteed baby broccoli and radishes...
garlic bread...
and a berry pie.
Meanwhile, the kids had fun making and eating chocolate bird nests (an early Easter craft.)

I am getting to the stage where I feel good enough to start easing back into some of the activities of everyday life. Today was our first day back at church, and it was comforting to be around so many familiar faces. Making dinner on my own feels like an accomplishment, especially when it's enjoyed with family (thanks Jeff and Barb!) I know I have a long way to go in my recovery and postpartum period, but it was good to have a day of "normal."

3 comments:

  1. ...and be able to blog about it! All that food looks like it was delicious, especially the pasta and the pie. Yum:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my goodness. I wouldn't call that "easing" back into activities...that was practically a gourmet 7 course meal! Well done Lisa! Didn't you get like 1 hour of sleep last night??!! Rachel is sooooooo soooooo sooooo cute, I'm glad we got to see you all church today. Forrest was beaming :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just going to say it...WONDERWOMAN!!!

    ReplyDelete