Sunday, July 25, 2010

Checking In

So apparently my summer break from blogging has caused undue concern for some. Suddenly I'm "laying low," "flying under the radar, "... a little quiet." Hmmm, let me think for a minute. Nope! Still here, living life to it's fullest, just not from behind the screen. I do, however, regret not having the camera on our day trip to SF, or last weekend on the beach in Tahoe. Nevertheless, those memories are imprinted in my mind, which is perhaps a better place for them anyways. Here goes...

I let Kaitlyn "borrow" the camera one afternoon so she could snap some shots of the kitty. All I could hear as she followed him around the house was a repeated "click-flash, click-flash." Later in the day I reviewed the memory card, and this is what I found. I was surprised at how entertained I was to get a glimpse of daily life from Kaitlyn's POV (she even caught me nursing Rachel.) I especially love the shots that captured her little foot.
Speaking of kitties, we have 3 left, 2 of which still need homes. Any takers? I am seriously trying to avoid taking them to a grocery store in a cardboard box and sending them off into the unknown. We were fortunate enough to adopt the first two out to good, loving homes of well-known friends, and are wishing the same for these last two. It is hard to see them go at all. Lily is such a good mama and it just feels unnatural to separate them from her, being that they are still nursing and all. At the same time, Forrest is running out of patience for them.
A milestone this week: Rachel started rice cereal. She just hasn't been satisfied after nursing, and my instincts told me she needed more. Boy was I right. She laps it off the spoon without making a face or gagging like babies usually do. She not only accepted it, she had been waiting for it and loves it.
And, with the end of summer rapidly approaching, we are gearing up for another homeschooling year. My latest task was labeling all of the bins that hold our school supplies. This way, the kids have no excuse not to be organized.
Looks like a real classroom, doesn't it?

3 comments:

  1. LOL at Kaitlyn's pictures-I really got a laugh out of that one! I think it is just fine that you are blogging less, and there is nothing wrong with it at all-sometimes you just have to live now, write about it later:-)
    You look all set for school this Fall-VERY organized!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Kaitlyn's pictures. It is fun to see what their world is like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the calendar/whether chart is very far from Kaitlyn! I love your organization...so inspirational! One day I'll be there.

    ReplyDelete