Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Folsom Firecracker

Last weekend Ashlee and I completed the Folsom Firecracker 5k run. This was our first mother-daughter run, and Ashlee did amazing! She would start to fall back, then moments later I would hear a, "Hi Mom," and she'd be right at my side again. We ended up crossing the finish line within 30 seconds of each other! I am so proud of her.
I shaved 3 minutes off my last 5k time and ran all but about 10 seconds of it. We lucked out with it being such a cool day in July! The trail was very nice- shady and not too hilly.
"Good job Ash!"
They were giving out FREE Jamba Juice afterwards... mmm!
Me and my crew. I am so thankful that I am able to keep up my passion with all these kids in tow, and now be sharing it with my daughter.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome job to both the ladies!! I'm glad the weather wasn't too hot on "run" day, as that probably would have made it really challenging. And Jambas-yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, I can't get over Ashley! And you, too, but Ashley, wow.

    And, I LOVED the butter pecan ice cream. Thank you for sharing! I'll have to get the recipe because I have some heavy cream that needs using.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome! We'll have to schedule a run sometime Lisa when I get my foot figured out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job girls!!! Ashley is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! That is AMAZING! Amazing that you are running a marathons post partum and now Ashlee!! Holy Moly! That is awesome! You go girls! Wish I had your drive. What a great lesson you are teaching your daughter!

    ReplyDelete