Thursday, July 29, 2010

She Cooks!

Last night our sweet Ashlee treated the family to dinner... and gave Mom the night off. A friend of mine was hosting an Usborne Books at Home party (they are great books and come highly recommended) and one of the books I ordered for our library was the Healthy Cookbook for kids. Ashlee shares my love of food, and I knew she would be eager to try out the recipes. Last night she prepared barley beef stew and potato cabbage mustard mash. Let me just say, yum! Seriously, yum! This was a very sophisticated meal and not what you would expect from your run-of-the-mill kids' cookbook. We were so proud of her and she was positively giddy at how delicious the food turned out. At the end of the meal she was eagerly volunteering to cook dinner for the family more often. Did I object? Hmmm, would you?

2 comments:

  1. Ashlee: You are so smart and such a sophisticated girl, I wouldn't expect anything less than a wonderful meal if you made it! It sounds like it was a delicious dinner:-) I wish you lived close to me so you could come and make us something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Ashlee!!

    BTW, I was horribly sick when Forrest came and helped with the piano. But it made me smile that I could hear Ashlee playing downstairs and helping with the door while they were here. =) You're an amazing girl! I love that Forrest brings her on "BOY" jobs too.....I loved when my dad did that with me. =) She really gets the best of both worlds from you guys. =)

    ReplyDelete