Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Besties!

A good friend sticks with you through the storms of life; that's my Lisa. Lisa and I met while we were pregnant with our girls, Ashlee and Jolena. She begged me the night I drove to the hospital in labor, "Take me with you!" and we have been friends ever since. Our girls were born three days apart.
Last Saturday Ashlee went down to celebrate Jolena's birthday with her. It's been fun for them to share the same birthday week and to watch them grow together over the years. Their parties have gone from princesses and pinatas to movie nights and sleepovers. Ashlee constantly asks me if she and Jolie will still be friends when they grow up, and my answer is an emphatic, "Yes!"
It's good to have a friend that will stick with you through life's thick and thin; ours is a friendship with history, as will be our girls'.

No comments:

Post a Comment