Sunday, October 2, 2011

General Conference 2011

Aaahhh, another wonderful Conference weekend. A moment to take pause and focus on the important things in life- faith and family. I just love the spirit that permeates our home every 6 months as we gather around the T.V. (or computer) and listen to the messages of the Prophet and apostles during General Conference. It helps us to find our center as we pursue our course and reminds us of why we're doing what we're doing.


My "babies," although Anthony looks like he's almost caught up to Rachel in size!


Here are the kids playing a game of Conference Bingo during today's afternoon session. Whenever they got a Bingo they could eat the Skittles in that row. It's a great way to get them to be attentive during the talks!
I'm all about the food during Conference weekend, so of course I had to make homemade bread to go along with dinner.
I tried my hand at Russian Borscht last night; a soup made with beets, carrots, onion, cabbage, and potatoes (all from the farmer's market.)
I used the outside leaves of my ginormous head of cabbage to make cabbage rolls.
Stuffed with sausage and rice and topped with tomato sauce... mmm.
Dad asked Ashlee to walk on his back, and this is what he got: a massage of varying degrees! When Kaitlyn and Rachel saw what was going on they had to do it too.

Hope they worked out all those knots for him!
I feel so edified from the messages of Conference and hope to retain some of what I felt inspired by in the busy upcoming weeks and months. I know life will go on with all of its challenges, but Conference really does help me overcome those challenges with an eternal perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment