Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Produce Box



I am so excited. I just started receiving my produce box again!

For just $20 a week, you get a box full of fresh, organic, locally grown produce from a farm down in Sacramento, delivered to your area (my pick-up spot is Bubba's in Cameron Park.)

What I love about this service is that the farm owner includes a letter each week detailing what is in the box, along with recipe ideas and health benefits. This is very helpful as some of the produce is quite exotic and I wouldn't know what to do with it otherwise.

Here is an excerpt from this week's letter:
"The Ragged Jack Kale is an heirloom from the 1600's. Kale soup with
sausage / potatoes is a sure winter cure for everything."

The remainder of the contents include: Quince, pineapple sage tea, delicata squash, assorted peppers, fresh thyme, sweet potatoes, seasonal salad mix with edible flower petals, daikon radishes with greens attached, and red mustard.

I am not kidding when I say I can literally feel the nutritional boost from eating this produce. It's eating the way nature intended. The greens are so dark and rich, packed with nutrients. Grocery store produce doesn't hold a candle to it (even if you shop the organic section!)

Click here to find out more info. about Consumer Supported Agriculture and to start receiving your own box.

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment