Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Winter Soups

We've been on a soup kick and have had soup, salad, and homemade bread or biscuits every night this week. Just thought I'd share two of the good recipes I've found:

Chicken Stew with Dumplings
This is the best chicken and dumplings recipe I have come across. It turns out rich and delicious every time, and it makes plenty of leftovers.

Zuppa Toscana
This was my favorite soup when I worked at the Olive Garden, and I was so happy to find the recipe online. I made a big pot of it tonight with some of the kale I received in my produce box, and it was delicious. Forrest especially liked the spiciness of it. However, if you are serving kids, I would suggest scaling back on the red pepper.


I love winter soups!

2 comments:

  1. That Olive Garden soup is my favorite! I make it a couple times a month and never get sick of it! What a good mom you are! BTW, RS did great at their dinner last night. It was WONDERFUL! Thanks for all your presidency did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love me some zuppa toscana....I'm Sean's favorite for days when I make it for him. =)

    ReplyDelete