Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Sneak Peek

Here is a preview of my latest endeavor: homemade stockings.


This one still needs a hook, a name and the embellishments. I figure if I can complete one stocking per night, I'll be in good shape.

I chose to make them out of crushed velvet with a satin lining. I have five different colors of velvet: one for each of the kids. They are lined with sew-on interfacing to help them keep their shape. I am hoping they will become keepsakes for the kids, but we'll have to see how well they hold up (they don't make fabric like they used to.)

2 comments:

  1. Muy Excellente, Lisa! Great job! So, I guess we are Spanish speaking now-I was thinking, if Reagan can pick up sign language so easily, if I say things in Spanish to her at her young age, will she pick that up just as easily-hmmm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet she would! Childhood is the best time to learn a second language. At that age, kids' brains are already wired for language acquisition.

    ReplyDelete