Sunday, December 6, 2009

Relief Society Christmas Dinner

Last Thursday was our annual Relief Society Christmas dinner and program, and it was absolutely beautiful. I arrived early to drop off some food, and the house was decorated and serene. I was glad that I was able to soak in the ambiance of it before the crowd arrived.

Elegant centerpieces adorned every table.

We sat at a table near the fireplace; so cozy. I love this picture of the savior.

The homeowners have a beautiful piano.

My friend Tiffany made these amazing homemade chocolate mouse cups. I can only imagine the work that went into them. They were delicious.

Tiffany made these truffles too. She definitely has a talent for candy making.

It's been a tradition that my friend Lisa comes to the dinner with me every year. I love her company, and we had a great time chatting it up. I kept grabbing her hand and putting it on my tummy so she could feel Rachel move.

The women singing a Christmas carol.

These two sang a beautiful duet right at the end.

On the way home, I passed by this elaborately decorated house and couldn't help but stop and take a picture. It was the perfect way to top off the night.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a special night-relaxing! I think it is great you and Lisa still make time for each other-she's great:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I think I need to vary my vocabulary more-I just realized I used great twice in the last post, so let me start again:
    What a fabulous night you had, and tell Lisa I said "hello"-she is such a gr...um, treasured friend of yours!

    ReplyDelete