Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Nat Ran, Ann Ran

Today Noah read his first book! I was a little weary starting Kindergarten with him not knowing his letters and phonics, but four weeks is all it took. Way to go Noah!
And on that note, let me take a moment to put in a plug for my new-found favorite Language Arts program- Learning Language Arts Through Literature.
The book is broken down into weekly lessons, all based on quality pieces of literature, that cover grammar, spelling, reading and writing in one fell swoop. So for example, we will begin on Monday by reading the selected literature (this week it was the story of David and Goliath.) Then, the remainder of the week's lessons will focus on spelling, phonics, grammar, mechanics, etc. based on that story. The reading selections are of superior quality and I absolutely love how the program is cohesive. I went a little overboard on language arts curriculum for Jacob this year, but I find that this program alone covers everything we need to know. I highly recommend it, and it goes from Kindergarten through grade 9. I am using it with both of the boys, but would probably be just as happy using it with Ashlee.

4 comments:

  1. WOW! It's always great to hear about new found gems among the homeschooling clan. Is this a faith based program?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering about that one. I read about so many different programs, it was hard to know what one to do. I'll consider it for next semester for Bryson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought the curriculum and I'm wondering where you found all the books to go with it. Nat Ran. Ann Ran.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julie, Rainbow Resource has the package of books that go with each LLATL program. I would go there. :)

    ReplyDelete