Thursday, April 16, 2009

Fieldtrip Day


This beautiful weather mandated a day off, so this morning we packed up and headed down to the Sacramento Zoo. Aren't these flamingos gorgeous? I learned that the natural color of a flamingo is white. The food they eat is what makes them pink (...thought it looked a little artificial!)


My little Joeys.


Kaitlyn is so funny- whenever she sees me pull out the camera, she cocks her head to the side for a pose. She's a natural!


I think this was a lemur (????????) Very fascinating, nonetheless. He was my favorite guy at the zoo.



On the way back, we swung by the Folsom Outlets.

I picked up a new pair of shades. Forrest calls them my "bling-bling" glasses because they're, well, blingy!


Ashlee spotted this dress at the Children's Place yesterday (love it there, if you've never been, go! They have killer deals.) Today she brought it home.

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Love the pictures but especially loved the blingy comment. Did Gloria take family pix before she left? I love the family picture you've posted! It's a beautiful picture and totally captures the 'Hart Essence'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that's a Gloria picture! It was from our November session. I am trying to convince Gloria to come back once a year for photo shoots. I miss her already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I love the Sacramento Zoo-all those childhood memories. When I make it back there with my kids, I want to take them there, and also to Fairytale Town and down the crooked mile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun times! I love going to the zoo and shopping, what a fun day!
    Oh and I love the new picture on the top of your blog, sooooo cute! :)

    ReplyDelete