Friday, April 17, 2009

Hats for the Girly-Girls


Here is the hat I knit for Ashlee right after I finished Kaitlyn's (no, the dog does not wear the hat, Ashlee wears the hat.) I used #7 needles, and boy did I get tired from switching all those colors! (Just kidding, the yarn was multi-colored... didn't that turn out cool?)

Ta-da! This is the finished hat #3 for baby Reagan. I used #5 needles and a washable wool blend. I do like the tighter stitch, but my fingers paid for it. It also took considerably longer than the first two, and it was knit sans pattern (Roxanne, please ignore any gliches.)

Tell Alyssa her hat is on the needles! I am making hers with 100% wool and am going for this look. I am so happy to have my #7s back! This one will be finished much sooner. I love the feel of the natural wool. And, it stays warm in the winter and cool in the summer.

2 comments:

  1. You are a natural knitter! I can't wait to get the hats!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I can't believe you're already making hats! I just finished my "knitting turd" which ended up as a pot holder. I am now making more pot holders. lol

    ReplyDelete