Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I Think I'm in Love

Meet Addi. Addi TURBO.






These are the best knitting needles I have used thus far.
Her features include:

*Stainless steel, turbo finish brass tips
*Soft cord with smooth transfer
*Quiet and fast
*The perfect needle!

If you're a knitter, you need to get yourself a pair. They're not cheap, but they're worth it.



The stitches slip right off. AND, these are a size 10. Such a relief after working with the 5s.
This project is going much faster (remember, I'm a woman of instant gratification.)


Roxanne, this will be Alyssa's hat, too. It's made from baby alpaca... soooo soft (hand wash only, though) and the size 10 needles combined with the thicker yarn give it a nice chunky look. I am also working in a knit-purl combination, which provides for more elasticity, helping the hat to keep it's shape. I also like the ribbing. You'll love the feel of it.



Here is Alyssa's first hat. I'm not totally happy with the way it turned out, but I tried some new techniques (like the stripe?) There's also a row of eyelettes above the brim, but next time I think I'll place them higher so that they won't roll up in the brim. I like this hat because it's 100% wool, and I really like the color combination. I think I'll send her both hats, and she can choose.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like some fancy knitting needles you have there:-) I can't wait to see the beautiful hats!!

    ReplyDelete